Sick bumble bee Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tympst

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My bumblebee goby is looking really bad, he has not been eating and appears to be struggling. I have three other fish in the tank all others are doing quite well. My tank has been set up for a little over a month and a half. I do water changes weekly, and my nitrate and ammonia levels are normal . I have tried to look around for any information on bumblebees but have not been able to find much. also I feed my fish a mix of Daphna, blood worms, and different frozen foods. Any ideas what I can do to save my little guy?

I am sorry about your little guy. I hope he can pull through. I have never owned a BBG, but I will try to help if I can.
How big is the tank? What is the salinity? Any tankmates that could be causing trouble?

None of the other tank makes are giving him any trouble surprisingly since he lives with a rhino horn goby, a green spotted puffer(still under and 1.5in) and a flounder. The tank is 20 gal. and my salinity is 1.004

He is def. skinny and his eyes look, fixed...kinda like he's blind. I have not seen him poop but in all fairness I ain't been looking for it lol.

OK. One thing that comes to mind is an internal parasite of some sort. Those can be difficult to diagnose and treat, but they are often accompanied by loss of appetite and increasing loss of weight. They are especially common in fish who are often fed live foods. My best suggestion is to try googling internal fish parasites and seeing if the listed symptoms match your bbg.

Back
Top Bottom