Sick Cory Catfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhloeM

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone! I have an URGENT inquiry for anyone who knows what to do and can help! My aunt who owns a fish tank has a sick, maybe dying :( albino corydoras catfish. She does not have a QT tank, so she was going to place him in her fish net in the water, resting on the lower rim of the tank so that he can get air easily but still be under a considerable amount of water. Being new to fish myself, I did not want to give out false info, so when she asked me if this was okay, I did not know. Unfortunately by the looks of the little guy I do not believe he can be saved. My aunt informed me that he had been acting strange all week and not moving much. She constantly found him lying on his side gasping :( So my question is, is it okay to put him in the net so he can get air easily and rest? (he was lying sideways in the leaves of an artificial plant before not moving) Or should she leave him be in the tank as to not stress him out? Thank you!~ Khloe

Unfortunately, he died :( to anyone who is reading this. I don't know if anyone even did... I'm surprised no one even responded.. But, RIP little guy.

Sorry about this.

I've just read it now.

If it pleases you to know, I had a problem with a Cory last December. C.paleatus.

Occasionally lying on its side, occasionally showing no obvious symptoms.
I tried almost everything I could before I decided I was being cruel. In the end I did the right thing.
It's quite possible nothing could be done.
If it's what I dealt with I'm sure it's untreatable.

All the best, Jamie.

Edit, http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ank-today-195155-post2754312.html#post2754312

Post 5577 issue starts before this and ends slightly later.

Sorry Khloe, I just saw this post now.
In the future, I wouldn't suggest using the net. Cory spiny fins sometimes cause them to get stuck in nets. A plastic floating breeder box would be better if you don't have a quarantine tank.
I hope all of the other fish are okay!

Sorry Khloe, I just saw this post now.
In the future, I wouldn't suggest using the net. Cory spiny fins sometimes cause them to get stuck in nets. A plastic floating breeder box would be better if you don't have a quarantine tank.
I hope all of the other fish are okay!

Thanks :) And yes, my aunt did not end up using the net for him because he had already passed away :( Thank you for your advice I will be sure to pass it on! :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom