Sick Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rakolde

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 6 discus that i've had for 3-4 weeks now in a 90g tank they have been doing great. One of them in the past 3 days has been getting very dark, since yesterday his eyes have gone cloudy. He is not eating anything and just staying in the corner at the surface. I have done a 80% water change yesterday and increased temp from 85F to 88F eyes are even more cloudy. All water parameters are perfect and none of the others are sick. What do i do?

First thing I would do is quarantine it. Discus are very susceptible to disease.

It's very important to quarantine discus before adding them to the tank anyway so as to prevent things like this from happening.

As to the disease. I'm no expert. Not sure.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

All 6 discus got sick. It was a bacterial infection, treated with melafix and all are doing very well now. Even better than before as they now are very active and not hiding all day.

All 6 discus got sick. It was a bacterial infection, treated with melafix and all are doing very well now. Even better than before as they now are very active and not hiding all day.

Just for the future though a quarantine tank comes in handy. Glad they all recovered though!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom