Sick female betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goozy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a female betta that has been sick for about a month. It started when I fed my fish some live brine shrimp I got at an lfs. (I think) She started getting pale botches then her fins started rotting away. I treated her with kanacyn (I"m not sure of the real name but I'm sure you get the idea of what it is I used) and she stopped getting worse. She just lays at the bottom of the tank. I think she eats a very little bit or maybe not at all. I thought it might be time for the freezer but I tried to net her and she took off swimming. I guess she isn't ready to die just yet so I've been adding melafix and I put a little salt in the water. Anyone know what I should do with this fish? Thanks in advance

Well if her fins started to rot I'd say she needs a more frequent water change, other than that I don't know why she's acting like she is.

i've been changing the water almost daily now. Before she was sick I changed the water once a week. It isn't a bowl she is in it's a 5 1/2 gallon aquarium with a aquaclear mini filter. I really believe she caught some internal infection from some live brine shrimp. I'm afraid she isn't going to make it. She tries to swim but she can't really. I've tried to bring myself to put her in the freezer but she has a very strong will to live so I keep hoping she recovers but I don't think she will. I've tried everything. :(

Female betta problems... I think mine got eaten :cry:

She disappeared about 3 days ago overnight and hasn't been seen since. Thing is, she was only sharing a 55 gallon with one male betta and 7 zebra danios... (it's cycling)

Her skin is real pale in streaks on her whole body. She use to be blue, now she's got a blue face and a motteled grey body. She looks really terrible. I change about 20% of the water everyother day. I've been doing this to eliminate the uneaten food.
Thanks for replying

Thaiboxer, I'm glad your fish is ok :) , now back to Goozy's problem. Well the only thing that I can come up with is this, and it might not be what your looking for. If a fish is always pale or only part pale it could be related to a disease, but it could be something simple like unsuitable conditions (too bright,no hiding places, water too soft or hard,pH, etc.) So first try testing your water for proper conditions, change the set-up around and add some things. Might just help her get out of the slump she's in. Hope this helps. I'll keep looking for causes for ya.

thanks. .....more problems!!

She actually seems a little better but now, she was swimming around. I put her in a 5 1/2 hospital tank. I have a sudden, major problem with my other tank (separate post) When ever I have problems I seem to have a lot at once. :cry:

Well I'm glad to see that she's doing better now......hopefuly she's be great for Christmas :D I'll have too look for your other post.

She died.

:cry: She swam around as if she was getting better and then late last night I found her dead on the bottom of the tank. She was a real trouper, I will miss her.

Back
Top Bottom