Sick fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinafina

Aquarium Advice Activist
image-3250782663.jpg

What's wrong with its tail? Loss of color. And poops out white. My other fish poops out orange.

Attachments

• image-3081894222.jpg
    image-3081894222.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 66
Please give us the specs: size of tank, is it cycled, readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH.

Hard to tell, pics are fuzzy, but it looks like fin rot to me. Usually, this can easily be cleaned with good tank maintenance and keeping the water pristine.

What are you feeding?

Usually white poop is a sign of infection/parasites.

Orange? That's the first time I've heard that but again, it can depend on diet.

LyndaB said:
Please give us the specs: size of tank, is it cycled, readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH.

Hard to tell, pics are fuzzy, but it looks like fin rot to me. Usually, this can easily be cleaned with good tank maintenance and keeping the water pristine.

What are you feeding?

Usually white poop is a sign of infection/parasites.

Orange? That's the first time I've heard that but again, it can depend on diet.

Orange due to spectrum pellets and froEn blood worm , I think it is a parasite as well. My other fish is doing fine, almost too good where he's eating all the food. If I get food for the parasite is it ok for the other fish to consume? Tank cycled. 60g. Went on vacation, bf did h20 change . He added prime an unknowingly he added aquarium salt as well. Ever since that poor little blue ram has Been sick. Going on 2 weeks now. He's a bit better with constant water changes. But his color is not any better and he hides a lot more than swimming around in front. But after water changes he swims more than sulking in corner. What really gets me is the poo and his color.

Is he showing any signs of white spots on the head or possibly sides. Sounds like its possibly hole in the head/hexamita or HLLE (head and lateral line erosion). But I can't be certain.

BlaseMrNiceguy said:
Is he showing any signs of white spots on the head or possibly sides. Sounds like its possibly hole in the head/hexamita or HLLE (head and lateral line erosion). But I can't be certain.

Negative.
Loss of color
Funny tail
White poop
Weight loss
Less active
(still has appetite)

I can't see well enough from the pics, but I agree that internal parasites are an option. You can try Jungle brand anti-parasite food. I have heard good reviews on it.

Back
Top Bottom