Sick fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlburns

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Jut bought 5 panda corys about two days ago and all of them are doin awesome accept one. He is a lot darker than the other ones. And seems to be swimming fine when he needs to. However he is won't move unless he is persuaded to. What could be wrong with him?

Pandas seem to be funny little guys. I had 3 and they died for no reason. Not very hardy. IMO
I now have 6 other ones and they are fine. Pandas seem to be shy too
- try medicating if he is truly sick. Frozen brine shrimp with metrocondizole and focus with garlic
Soak and refreeze then thaw and feed. The medicine soaks in and they eat it and cures inside

Jlburns said:
How would I know if he is sick or if he's just a weirdo lol. He really seems like he's fine I just find it odd that he separates himself and isn't very active.

He could just be settling in. Fish are like people, they all have they're little quirks & some take longer to be friendly. I'd just keep an eye on him, if he's eating & moving around, doesn't seem to be struggling I wouldn't worry just yet.

He seems fine except for the fact that he won't move unless he is physically touched. I can put anything right up next to him and he won't move unless u actually touch him. I haven't seen him eat or anything since I got him either.

Ok. So Today we were looking at the sick fish. He kinda sat in the same ish spot all day. And we actually watched him try to swim, and dive bomb into the plants face first upside down

We have him isolated. He looks like he has a red gash on his side? Maybe he has internal bleeding? Idk.

Any advice towards this would be helpful.
And
Just to clarify yes I am talking about the same fish jburns was talkin about.

So this is the fish he's kinda laying on his side. I got a picture of it but it's not too clear
It's like right behind his fin at the end of the little glowy patch.

Attachments

• image-2621455891.jpg
    image-2621455891.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 50
We just tested the water
Ph-7.3
Ammonia was at .25 but we are due for a PW tomorrow
Nitrite-0
Nitrate was about 5ppm
We treated the water we have the sick fish in right now with a little aquarium salt and some stress coat and he is trying to swim more than he was and seems to be doing better. However his belly is definitely pink. We are going to get some peas tomorrow and give him some, if he is still alive.

So incase someone else decides to post on this thread. The fish died. So any idea of what the red on the fish belly was so if we see it again we can be more informed.

Yah kind of more like the whole under belly pretty much, but If that was the case. Wouldn't the rest of the fish be sick too?

Back
Top Bottom