sick goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SH4N

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all. My mother has 1 gold fish and has had it for about 2 years, She bought 2 other fish and put it in the same tank and a few days later the 2 new fish died. The goldfish is looking quiet bad, it sits at the bottom of the tank most of the day and sometimes has a little swim. randomly he will lean over sideways in a shape of a upside down U. My mum claims he has eaten but I've never seen him eat. Im not quiet sure what I should do. I have done water changes, parameters are good. What are some medications I should use? or what should i do?

thanks

its a 10 gallon bowl, it has no filteration. the fish is a fantail. she bought a comet and im not sure of the other fish, it has 2 big bubbles on his cheeks (not his eyes).

I know. I have 3 tanks myself, but she refuses to get a filter, she says she has had no problems keeping fish in a bowl before. and i cant really get her to change her mind unfortuetly.

Then idk what to say, maybe someone else on the forum can give advice on what to do. Could you buy her a filter and put it on yourself?

thanks for your help. and im not sure if I could since its a round bowl (one of those cheap ones) ill see what i can do

Maybe buy a new tank? It needs at mininum of 20 gallons. Maybe use a sponge filter, those are cheap to make or buy. Wish I had more advice to offer.

Back
Top Bottom