Sick leathers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a large toadstool mushroom leather which I have had for almost a year that was thriving and growing well until recently. In the last month or two it keeps getting white patches on it and pieces are falling off. It still opens and the polyps come out, but it doesn't look great. I can't figure out what may be causing it. Now, a finger leather I have is also starting to look the same, with several white spots on it. Any ideas what may be causing it??? Incidentally i also have a Kenya tree leather and it is doing great.
90 gallons with 30 g sump, reef brigjt leds, Temp 75-78, ammonia 0, nitrate and nitrite 0, Phos 0, ca 380, ph 8.2, alk 9-11. I do 10 % changes about every 2 weeks(sometimes 3), and dose with calcium chloride into my sump to maintain ca levels.

Thanks for the advice, ultimately I fear they are both slowly dying, would like to figure it out and save them.

Have you changed anything in your tank when the changes started happening a couple months ago?

Not that I can think of, at first I thought it
May have been that I was adding marine tropic biocal, I stopped for awhile and no change. When my ca dipped to 320, I started a new calcium only supplement and it is still happening. That is the only thing I add to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom