Sick Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M. Char

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a female black Molly. She was in another day before with a male Molly that was all the time harassing her, and she started to get stressed. Her lips were swollen.

We have since moved her to another tank, and the first days she was hiding and very lethargic. But the swelling went down. But she has started to develop some white marks on her?

I have treated her for ich. But there has been no changes.

I don't think it's ich, can anyone please help and advise!

Attachments

• IMG_20210622_085037.jpg
    IMG_20210622_085037.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210622_085132.jpg
    IMG_20210622_085132.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210622_085035.jpg
    IMG_20210622_085035.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 22
Hey! I am just curious, is your molly, a dalmatian molly? The only reason why I ask is that I have a dalmatian molly that was in a similar situation as yours! Her name is Bea and she started off as all black, however, over the months she ended up showing her true colors and grew into them and she ended up being like an oreo-themed fish. I am just curious to know if the isolation in your molly's tank has prompted new conditions to improve and further provide an environment where your molly can grow.

Based on the pictures, it seems that it is based more on the skin of the molly itself and does not look to be fungal (in my opinion! I have seen ich time and time again and to me, that does not look like ich, it looks more like a change in scale color rather than anything else).

I have no idea if she is a Dalmatian Molly.

She seems in good spirits which is a good sign. How long would It take for her colour to change?

Back
Top Bottom