Sick oto?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jodie_jo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have one oto and i have noticed recently (approximately 10 minutes ago!) that the underside of its belly is red and a little round the eyes. Any idea what it is? Also, is it true it can have cucumber?

Thanks!

It is true it can have cucumber. What are your water parameters? Sometimes redness can be caused by water parameters being off.

my testing kit is on its way, last one got lost in the mail. i know my temp is 24...? it seems to be more active than normal, sucking all over the window rather than mulling around...

i am in the UK and its 1am - nowhere sells cucumber at this time! Will he be ok till morning?

He will be fine. Do you have any algae wafers? They also like algae wafers. Most fish can go several days without food without any ill effects. I wouldn't worry about that too much. I would recommend that you do a water change to be on the safe side, in case your ammonia or nitrite is up. It won't harm the oto to do the water change.

Back
Top Bottom