Sick Rasbora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big C

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi folks,

It's been a while! I have been too busy travelling (for work!) and have been kind of neglecting my hobby. Although I have been keeping up with PWC, I have not done anything new with my tanks.

Last week I found one of my brilliant rasboras, with a white spot on the head. It looks like a white mohawk (hairy, cotton?). I moved it to the QT tank right away and started treating with Pimafix. It's been a week and the poor thing is not getting any better.

The other fish in the tank are not showing any symptoms, so hopefully I moved it just in time, but I'd like to cure the little one if it's possible. :(

What else can I try?

Thank you

It may be columnaris. Read this link: http://www.fishjunkies.com/Diseases/columnaris.php

I would try using an antibiotic. The article suggests one that is effective against gram-negative bacteria (such as tetracycline) or you could use something labeled broad-spectrum.

The article also suggests a sulfa-based antibiotic. I have never had any results with this type of med. It never seemed to really dissolve in the water.

Back
Top Bottom