Sick xenia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blondek727

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I'm not sure if my xenia is sick or some thing. This is my very first time keeping corals so I'm not sure anyways this is what it's doing. All the polyps are out and pulsing like crazy but the bottom part I guess u would call it the truck LOL is like squating down is this normal or is it trying to tell me something I'll have a pic up shortly thanks

this is the best pic i could get but this pic doesnt really show it making itself squashed down maybe its to close to the surface and its getting to much light but i only have PC 96w daylight and 96w actinic i was tould this coral would do well if it were placed at the upper part of the tank but even then the tank is not a very deep one its a 40g breeder its like 18in deep

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 120
Xenia Blues...

I find the Xenia to be difficult to keep as they do not survive more than a month in my tank. I read somewhere that they are extremely sensitive to phosphate and anything registered on test kit would make them going into decline. I change water every two weeks but still have the same problem. DP

this is the best pic i could get but this pic doesnt really show it making itself squashed down maybe its to close to the surface and its getting to much light but i only have PC 96w daylight and 96w actinic i was tould this coral would do well if it were placed at the upper part of the tank but even then the tank is not a very deep one its a 40g breeder its like 18in deep

It shouldn't be too much light. If they are higher up in the tank, they will be more squatty. When they are lower, they tend to get leggy. Depends on which look you like. Xenia is a funny coral. Some people have no luck with it. Others, like me, can't slow it down.

Good Luck

It shouldn't be too much light. If they are higher up in the tank, they will be more squatty. When they are lower, they tend to get leggy. Depends on which look you like. Xenia is a funny coral. Some people have no luck with it. Others, like me, can't slow it down.

Good Luck

That is what I have read online about Xenia. Some describe them as "weedlike" while others like me cannot sustain more than a month. My water chemistry is as good as it can be. DP

Back
Top Bottom