Sinking veggies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blanching is boiling to the point the veggie is cooked/mushy. I have fed zucchini, green bean, peas, etc this way and it sinks and is eaten totslly by morning every time. My fish LOVE veggies

I bought some bendable rebar looking sinkers at my LFS, LOVE them. I feed blanched zucchini or cucumber a couple times a week. I'll buy the veggie, cut into medallions & freeze, take out a piece or two when needed, defrost in some water then pop into the microwave for a minute, stick the sinker in it & drop into the tank. Works like a charm, my problem is remembering to remove the sinkers. :)

Does the rebar you bought have a specific name or you just happened to get lucky and found it that day?

I asked the LFS employee, its used for anchoring plants. I don't have the package anymore. Here's what they look like:

image-742525315.jpg

I thought they might break with all the bending back & forth but so far none have, I've been using them about 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom