siphon drain to bathroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

straick

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm currently doing a fishless cycle, and went a bit overboard on the ammonia the first time, so I had to do a PWC to bring it down to readable levels. I immediately realized that I needed a better way to get the used water to the drain, and laid my eyes on some spare PVC and fittings I have laying around. Less than 5 minutes later, I had the fittings just shoved onto the PVC to try the idea out, and a piece of hose shoved of the end, and I had it set up to drain right into my shower drain. One other perk, the hose from my siphon doesn't get lose on me as it fits nicely inside 1/2 inch pvc(no real possibility of water getting all over the floor).
The next version will be built with unions and a brace type of bracket for the tank end(a 90 sends the pvc upright) to brace it. The unions will allow easier storage for me.
I know, a Python would probably have been easier, but I can't see getting one for a 10 gallon tank. That, and I made this from what I had laying around.

Back
Top Bottom