Six line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JesusG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I traded a six line wrasse this weekend and I read upon it.
It said they will hide for a bit until comfortable?
Mine has so far been hiding and I saw him slowly floating along a rock and then went back down to hide again.

Is this normal?

Or any other Information you have, thank you.

What's the size of your tank? Wrasses fare best in bugger tanks as they like to swim around quite a bit. What are the other fish in the tank? If they feel threatened by any other species it is hard to get them used to a tank... Generally people whom house wrasses keep a very thin sand bed....

I had a 6 line in my 36 gal. He would swim in and out of the LR all day long. He and my royal gramma did not get along, so he had a spot where he would hide out.

Hi sniperhank. What happened to the guy?

I too had a rainbow wrasse but had to give the guy back after about two weeks has he seemed ttly stressed out by my blue damsel... He only came out to eat and then went right back under the sand....

He died...related to, this is hard to believe, a blue damsel. I regret that fish more than anything. If I turn my 36 gal into a predetor tank...he will be remaining in the tank...

Lol now isn't that a weird coincidence :) I only use the blue damsel for tank cycling now... Wrasses can be very picky and shy but under the right conditions they are quite a lovely fish...

You should upload some pics to your profile would love to have a look :)

Hey guys. Well I have 2 clown fish and a small blue tang in my 24g nano.

I have left a lot of hiding spots and plenty of open space to swim about?

It's only been 2 days so I guess he needs some getting used to.

No tang can be kept in a tank that size they need atleast a four foot tank but most 6' minimum

Yeah unfortunately I agree on the tang bit... Guess you will have to move him out after a while as it is not just about the space... Gonna seriously effect your bio load too...

Yeah just give the guy a couple if days and see how he does...

Hey, thanks for the notes. I will most likely unfortunately remove the tang as it seems it will cause some harm.
Thanks.

But yea I'll let him chill a couple more days see if his shyness goes away.

Can I do anything to try and bring him out?

Cause at feeding times I don't see him either?
I'm afraid he might not eat.

I would say to leave him if he is hungry he will eat... Most wrasses are carnivores so you can try dangling a small piece of fish or shrimp near his mouth... Don't try too hard to get him out of his hiding spot as it might cause more stress... Let me know if the meat works :)

Sad thing is idk where he's at haha.

I see him like once a day.
So I'm just going to have to wait until he is hungry enough to come out and eat.

I have a fair amount of bristle worms as well so idk if he might b working on those as well.

Well with my wrasse I notices that if you look at the surface of the sand bed carefully... You will see the beak like mouth poking out of the sand for him to breath... Once you find him chances are he will always be hurried in the same spot.

Wrasses are awesome fish. I have 6 of them in my reef tanks and they are great. Very active and always picking stuff off of the rocks all day long.

Can I see a picture... I love wrasses too it's a shame I can't have one cause of my blue damsel...

I will take some today and post them. Try a different wrasse. Trust me it has been challenging to get all of them to get along. I acclimate them and then i pur them in a fish breeder so all the other fish get used to seeing him but they cant do anything to harm him. Leave him there for a couple of days and then let him out at night. Ao far it has worked. Or you can acclimate the fish with the lights off and then leave the lights off until the next day. Presently i have 3 fairy wrasses, a yellow coris wrasse, christmas wrasse, and a mystery wrasse

Wow that is a nice collection... I had a rainbow wrasse but gave him back cause I didn't want to risk him at the hand of my blue damsel... Damsel is getting along fine with my bicolour blenny...

Craigj247 said:
Wow that is a nice collection... I had a rainbow wrasse but gave him back cause I didn't want to risk him at the hand of my blue damsel... Damsel is getting along fine with my bicolour blenny...

I would be returning the damsel honestly to give yourself more options because the amount of fish you can't get after a damsel claims the tank aren't worth the looks of any damsel imo

Back
Top Bottom