Size Of Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaneray

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Yellow & a Purple Faced Tangs. Would like to know how big they will get. Also I have a Maroon Clown fish and want to add 2 Orange Clown fish. Is this ok?

First how big is your tank? When you say purple tang are you talking about a Kole tang?

I agree, what sized tank and what kind of tang?
With your maroon clown already in there, you have have some fighting issues with any or other new tank mates, especially other clowns.

I know how much you hate those common names James! LOL!

Heh, I use them here and there, but they really just cause confusion. Just about every fish has at least 3 names that are synonymous with another...drives you mad at times XD

IT all depends on the size of the tank. For one you dont want to overload your BioLoad, Second you shouldnt be adding new clowns if you already have an existing maroon clown. Im sure he has his territory and he aint about to share with no one that looks similar to him. I would say that would be straight mayhem as soon as they are dropped in. Unless you have like a 150 gallon tank then i would say Maybe. Ud prolly still have fighting but there would be enough room and hide outs depending on scenary for them to live. Not comfortable though.

I have a 125 Gallon tank and I really dont know what the "real" name is for the purple faced tang. Have been told many different names for it.

It is a Bristletooth Tomini Tang... Thanks for all the help. Hope I don't wear out my welcome asking questions. I have a bunch. I want my tank as awesome as I can possibly make it.

You just keep asking questions. There`s plenty of folks to help out. BTW welcome to AA

Back
Top Bottom