size tank for an angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking too set up a tank for my angelfish. At the moment he shares the tank with my elephant nose who hasn't taken to him at all he constantly nips him I don't understand why as he gets on great with his other inhabitants. So I think I'm going too have to set up a separate tank I,ve heard 30 gallons is ok? I would like to put other fish in there with him, some cories & my Sailfin molly. Any advice would be great :)

I would say a 30 gallon tank is the minimum size for two angelfish. I'd say you could do what you want to do in a 30 gallon, but of course bigger is almost always better.

A 30 gallon is fine, the smallest would be a 20 gallon tall. Angels need vertical height especially if they are veils. Is it currently in with the sailfin molly? If so that would be fine otherwise you will have to watch the molly for fin nipping. Cory's, tetra's (except neons), and other small schooling fish do fine with Angels. Also dwarf cichlids such as German Blue Rams work.

I,ll get a 30, he's in with the Molly & they get along fine. Thank for the replies :)

Back
Top Bottom