Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do I really need a skimmer in my lido 120????

I have read it can be done without but not suggested or recommended .
Between a good skimmer and live rock it's the main biological filtration .
Research a little .
Berlin method is one topic I am still very curious to find out a little more about .
My tank I have a canister filter that only has filter floss in it .
The majority of my filtration is done by my skimmer and live rocks .
The filter floss only polishes the water to keep it clear and beautiful . Lol

There are plenty of tanks big and small that can run very successfully without a skimmer but they use what is called an algae turf scrubber . I run a 40b with just a scrubber and have undetectable no3 and po4 with monthly water changes. I have even ran my 180 heavily fed tank with just a scrubber for a few months just to experiment and didn't have a rise in anything . Skimmers are great and help a lot I won't argue that but there are other ways to do things.

There are plenty of tanks big and small that can run very successfully without a skimmer but they use what is called an algae turf scrubber . I run a 40b with just a scrubber and have undetectable no3 and po4 with monthly water changes. I have even ran my 180 heavily fed tank with just a scrubber for a few months just to experiment and didn't have a rise in anything . Skimmers are great and help a lot I won't argue that but there are other ways to do things.

Algae turf scrubber ? I haven't heard of it .
Another research topic .

I really think turf scrubbers are the next step in filtration. Either way id run a skimmer. It will help to keep your waste down and also stabilizes the system

Back
Top Bottom