skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going to set up a 10 gal FOWLR. It will have either one or two clowns and thats it. I bought this skimmer that connects to a aquaclear hob filter. I will use this and a powerhead. Has anyone tried this skimmer? I would think it would be enough for a 10 gal. I have limited space since it is a 10 gal and have no room for a large skimmer. I have no problem doing more water changes. I just figure some sort of skimmer would help. Here is a link to the skimmer I bought. It is cheap enough that if it doesn't work I can just throw it away. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3212&item=7733358027
Should I just put AC in the aquaclear? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Jim

Those surface skimmers are OK for what they are. It won't really help you to be honest.

For small systems I like to use grape calupra to control nutrients. I have had some amazing success in my 37 gal reef and my 6gal nano reef/mantis tank

Nothing beats good ol' water changes however.

Back
Top Bottom