Skunk Clown vs. Sexy Shrimp... poor shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarin man

Aquarium Advice Regular
well i bought two new sexy shrimp this afternoon and put them both in my 14 gal bio cube. one went straight to my bta and has set up shop while the other was a little smaller and wandered around the tank all day long. he was awesome and my favorite, then tonight after i fed my pink skunk clown, about 30 min later he saw the little sexy shrimp and went after him and chomped him right up like he hadnt eaten in days.... the other one seems to be safe in the bta as the skunk pays no attention to it, but figured i share my experiences. anyone have any comments or past experiences to help? im thinking about getting rid of my pink skunk clown anyways for an undetermined fish but id like to throw another sexy in their soon....

Sexy shrimp are just that, too sexy for most fish to not consume. It's like a mouth full of joy to any carnivore. I'm afraid, other than a strict herbivore, that any fish added is a risk in losing another.

Back
Top Bottom