Sky's Diving Into The Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the trash cans tonight so as soon as the refractometer gets here i'll start mixing the water...finally we're getting closer to something actually happening!

skywhitney said:
I got the trash cans tonight so as soon as the refractometer gets here i'll start mixing the water...finally we're getting closer to something actually happening!

Congrats!

I wasn't about to try to do any salinity tests with a cheap hydrometer. They are so inaccurate the majority of the time IME.

Refractometer arrived today. Have any of you used this one before?

I should get the stand tomorrow (hopefully) or Friday at the latest.

so close...

Edit: I just nabbed a TDS meter as well :)

Attachments

• IMG_20120808_213706.jpg
    IMG_20120808_213706.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Lord help me...I'd be lucky to get 5 gallons a day out of this RO/DI unit!!

I'm not positive on the water since i make my own but I think its around 30 cents a gallon

Im thinking i might just have to work on my unit. I gave up on it for tonight but in half an hour i got one gal of good water and about 8 gallons of waste... With that ratio it doesn't seem cost effective to me for large scale.

Do you know how much water pressure you have cause it sounds like you don't have enough pressure

I was using the hose outside but it was leaking quite a bit. It felt like there was still a good amount of pressure going through even with the leak.

To make my water making experience even better my trashcan leak :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom