Slow flow pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have new 30 gallon nano and the flow from the return is ok but it needs a big more. I've tried a Tunze and a powerhead but both create so much flow my sand is flying all over the place and I'm left with glass bottom bare spots. Is there a little powerhead or pump that just created a little water movement?

Try the Hydor koralia nano powerheads. I have 2 of them in my 20g and they are amazing. I would probably go with the 425 on a 30g tank.

I don't know what kind of tank you have but on mine you can adjust the pressure of flow that the return pump puts out. Although as stated already a powerhead does an awesome job at adding that extra bit of circulation.

Ya my issue is they are moving too much water/sand. I want the lamest pump out there...lol

The best thing about the hydor koralia powerheads is that their flow is wide. While they can have more gph than other pumps the flow will be gentler than most. so it wont kick up sand.

Back
Top Bottom