Small non aggresive cichlids for community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stix_oz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
G'day all, I'm currently cycling a new 4ft 150L (70Gallon) tank which will house my 12 Congo Tetras.

I would like to put some small cichlids in there, they need to be non aggresive, able to adapt to a PH of 7.0 to 7.8 water temp of 26 with medium hard water.

I would really like species that go well as singles or groups of maximum 3 fish. So far i'm planning on a pair or maybe 3 Kribs but would like some other suggestions.

Can anyone help me plan my community tank? It will be light/medium planted with many small rock caves.

Thanks in advance

Stix

I was going to suggest GBRs too. Very pretty fish! I have a 4" Turquoise Sevrum that is rather friendly in my community tank, and would do well in that size tank too.

generally any type of apisto will do good most need the 2 female to 1 male ratio.. Most can acclimate now adays (thanks to tank breeding!) but have heard that they are not necessaryli very long lived or super hardy...

Thanks for the advice guys, i think a group of 3 GBR's would work great along with some of the other aspitos.

I will keep my eye out in my LFS for them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom