Small tetra ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExoticAquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi there. I'm going to get rid of all my fish for a plastic to planted renovation to my tank. I have an LFS that I think trades fish for other fish or store credit. I'm going to get a pair of Bolivian rams and maybe 12-18 of a small schooling fish. My tank is a 29 gallon. Here's a list ideally I would want you to pick from but if you've got any other suggestions my ears are open. Anyway, here's the list.

1. Andromeda (Celestial pearl, starry, galaxy) Danio (Rasbora, microrasbora, characin)
2.Green neon tetra
3.Emperor tetra
4.Green fire tetra
5.Cardinal tetra
6.Glowlight tetra
7.Ember tetra
8.Harlequin rasbora
Tanks a lot guys!

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

If the rams pair up they may be too aggressive for the smaller tankmates. I'd do a group of glowlight tetras and another group of black neon tetras. The black neons look amazing when schooling together.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have glowlight tetras and harlequin rasboras and I prefer the rasboras. They seem to school better and are a bit more active.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool. If the rams pair up then I will sell them once they raise a successful spawn. I am sorta leaning away from the rasboras cause I think they might look weird against the rams colors

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

If the rams pair up they may be too aggressive for the smaller tankmates. I'd do a group of glowlight tetras and another group of black neon tetras. The black neons look amazing when schooling together.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have to disagree with the black neons. I kept some for a couple months and it was a peaceful community tank. They always stayed together and preferred sitting by the heater. Not the most interesting fish in the world. They acted skittish almost even though nothing in the tank was threatening.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick problems/loach and 5 tetras left.
~75g going to be African cichlids

That's just IMO they are still pretty fish.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick problems/loach and 5 tetras left.
~75g going to be African cichlids

Back
Top Bottom