smaller gravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platycrazy19

Aquarium Advice Activist
smaller grain size gravel

For a while now I have been doing research on sand because I was thinking of possibly switching to it. But I think I would rather stay with gravel but buy a kind that is smaller in grain size so that it more closely resembles sand. I was looking for some suggestions on brands, I think I want to go with a darker color, preferably black.

I have a sand and gravel mix. I started with gravel too, but wanted a change. I like the mix because the sand adds some firmness for my plant'sroots, but the gravel lets the substrate breath.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 70
I saw your photo on another thread and I think it's great. I was thinking of trying it but if I don't like it then i'm going to be stuck with a bunch of mixed sand and gravel and no way of changing it.

eco-complete is a beautiful substrate:)

cheap as a normal bag of gravel!:D at only $16 online. It ranges in grain size from 1mm-3mm which is perfect fine gravel/sand mix;) mostly, they are larger being 3mmish.......And get black as it makes the plants and the fish stand out amazingly!

Well thanks a lot Plattycrazy I didn't really think about my unchanging substrate until now! :facepalm: lol.

Back
Top Bottom