Smokey liquid shot out of live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anovack

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was looking in my tank and all of a sudden as I'm looking at this rock this cloudy smokey substance shoots out of live rock and clouds my whole tank. It's it's a 29bc so it's not that hard to do but still freaked me out. Does anyone know of hitchhikers that do this? I understand this is a pretty vague question but this just freaked me out with how crazy it looked and the volume of it. Any guesses or info are appreciated!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414785178.172224.jpg

Bad pic but maybe you can see the cloudiness

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Only known/seen creatures in the rock are some bristle worms ranging size. If that helps....

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I don't see any bristle worms. All I see is what looks like a branch from a Kenya tree coral.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My stometellas breed regularly and they shoot out a cloud of eggs that could be it

Bristle worms are constantly digging in the sand and live rock could be pushing crushed rock out of a hole it dug. Also could be a small crab or something pushing waste out. I see crabs and all kinds of crazy stuff in my rock at night. After u shut the lights off wait afew hours and look in there with a red flashlight. You might be surprised at what you see

Back
Top Bottom