Snail ate fish (warning)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PassengerTN

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yes you read that correct (unlike a previous thread someone made). Went out town to do some errands, came home and my 5 year old came running telling me a snail was eating a fish lol. Walked over and looked, sure enough, a mystery snail was sucking on an expired emerald Cory. I'm sure the snail didn't kill the Cory, but found it interesting and remembered a misleading thread subject a few weeks ago. I present to you, snail eating a fish ??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I didn't want to find out if it would fully consume the fish, although I was curious, I netted it out hoping he was still alive but no such luck lol

When one of my furcata rainbows died, it took a day for the MTS and Amano shrimp to leave no evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Same thing happened in my cichlid tank. All the fish ganged up on a new peacock and within a two days there was nothing left but a complete skeleton laying on the bottom of the tank which scared the crap out of my mom.

I was just going to ask the forum if this was possible! Then I ran across this thread. My Rubber Lipped algae eater went missing. Could not find him anywhere under decorations nor in the filter. I have a feisty, fast moving Mystery snail that races around the tank eating everything in it's path. I thought he was a wonderful addition to the tank........until now. I am convinced now that he is the culprit in the missing Rubber Lip!

Back
Top Bottom