snail eating an orange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tostada

Aquarium Advice Freak
I suppose nobody else will think this is all that exciting, but I thought it was really funny.

I put a pretty big slice of orange in one of my tanks for the first time, and the fish poked at it a little ... not all that excited about it.

Then my mystery snail climed up the wall (the orange is still floating flat on the surface), reached out to it, grabbed ahold of it with its foot, dropped down to the bottom of the tank, and ate a huge chunk out of the middle of the rind really fast, then walked around and ate about half of the other side.

I was mostly just impressed with how efficiently he went and got the orange that was twice his size.

09-09-06_1519_jes_s_orange_1.jpg

09-09-06_1521_jes_s_orange_2.jpg

lol, my largest golden apple snail will eat the scales off of fish that rest on the bottom of my tank (mosly famale bettas). I also had him in my pons for a while and he ate the flesh off of my catfish and left the bone. Murderer snail! I love how mine can eat whole aglea disks in a few seconds. I love my snails, they always amaze me. Let me just say that you have a very nice looking one there.

Back
Top Bottom