Snail eating fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey,
Have a huge problem with pond snails in my tank, its a 30 gal with 2 filters running one is a internal filter thats is meant for a 75 gal tank and the other is a built in filter for a 30 gal.
Paraments are fine ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 10-20
Ph 7.4
I would like something that will eat snails but not my plants any help will be appreciated
Jason :D

I'm really not sure but I had some snails in my 60 gallon while it was cycling. After adding angelfish I haven't seen any. Does anyone know if angels will eat pond snails?

Desacrator i cant find assassin snails anywhere in Australia and believe me i have looked. As to the angelfish eating snails possibly because pond snails have soft shells and they would proably just eat them

Have you tried luring the snails out with food. You can place a leaf of lettuce or some other type of plant that the snails are attracted too (some people recommend zucchini). Place it overnight and remove it the next day with all the snails on it. Simply discard it and repeat the process until you are snail free. The other thing I do is vacuum them out when I'm performing my pwc. I'm not interested in removing them completely at this time, but thinning the herd when vacuuming helps keep them under control.

get 2 clown loaches they eat snails like fat kids eat cake and never touch your plants they look kinda cool to thats what i am using for snail control with in 2 weeks they will all be gone

it takes them years like 5 years + to get big if you get them at 2-3" size what do you have in the tank already the coexist with almost any fish just fine if you get 2 in a 30gal they will do fine and will never get too big stunting also does not effect clown loaches at all if it does it is so minimal that it wont harm them

There are some dwarf puffers I want for my brackish tank that eat baby snails, maybe you can find a freshwater puffer that does the same.

i actualy never thought of puffers but yes they do eat snails, red eye puffers are 100% freshwater but can be agressive to other puffers and some other fish depends on what you have in the tank but after all your snails are gone you would need to feed it shelled foods like raw shell on shrimp or cherry shrimp or snails or its "teeth" will over grow and it wont be able to eat

Several types of loaches eat snails. oops you already discussed clowns sorry

Back
Top Bottom