Snail question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was given 3 nerite snails 2 weeks ago that were going to be killed. I have 4 angelicus loaches and they are not even interested. They are doing a great job of cleaning algae. The only problem is that they are cleaning a decoration of mine and taking off the paint too:( has this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not a good thing. If the decor is from China probably was painted with lead paint and that can harm the fish and snails. I'd take it out of the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I concur with Brennea. I don't use any painted anything in my tanks. Like some of the painted color gravel it is a problem from the start.

Thank guys, I need to go to my lfs this weekend. Gives me an excuse to get a good piece of driftwood. Can't take it out now because my loaches will stress out.

Ive heard about painted decor. Maybe I'm too trusting when it say aquarium safe. Here's a pic of the damage and yep I have algae. Still trying to figure out the balance of my tank. It's a not horrible amount of algae only annoying.

Well you know they claim dog treats are safe but how many made in China have been recalled now for various reasons? You really can't trust labels on products these days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Phone was acting up here's the pic.

Attachments

• 1444169925084.jpg
    1444169925084.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 60
Mine partially removed the paint from Sponge Bob's house. Lol. They are pretty good at what they do.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Well you know they claim dog treats are safe but how many made in China have been recalled now for various reasons? You really can't trust labels on products these days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I should know better because I've been a veterinarian technician for 14 years and have to answer many clients questions whenever there is a recall. Just didn't think about aquarium decor.

Back
Top Bottom