Snails and Fish Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nolan99

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 36 galon planted aquarium and I have the following fish:
-1 Angelfish
-2 Red Rainbowfish
-1 Turquoise Rainbowfish
-2 Boesmani Rainbowfish
-1 Bristlenose Pleco
-3 Panda Cory Catfish
-1 German Blue Ram
Its a dirted aquarium so I am adding Malaysian Trumpet Snails and I am hoping to add some Nerite snails. Is the angelfish just going to eat them? What do you think?

I have a 36 galon planted aquarium and I have the following fish:

-1 Angelfish

-2 Red Rainbowfish

-1 Turquoise Rainbowfish

-2 Boesmani Rainbowfish

-1 Bristlenose Pleco

-3 Panda Cory Catfish

-1 German Blue Ram

Its a dirted aquarium so I am adding Malaysian Trumpet Snails and I am hoping to add some Nerite snails. Is the angelfish just going to eat them? What do you think?

I hate to tell you this, but some of those fish are going to get big and probably too big for a 36 gallon. The Rainbowfish would be better suited for a larger tank. About the snails, I couldn't see the Angelfish eating them since they have small mouths. Just a word of advice, those snails can reproduce rapidly and become a huge pest. I'd suggest Nerite Snails as their have eggs don't hatch in freshwater.

They will be fine, but too big.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but your fish will easily outgrow that tank! The plecos get absoultely HUGE! You also have many fish. You will need a large tank for all of those! But the snails should be fine. Good luck with your tank :)

I'm sorry to tell you this, but your fish will easily outgrow that tank! The plecos get absoultely HUGE! You also have many fish. You will need a large tank for all of those! But the snails should be fine. Good luck with your tank :)

Bristle nose plecos only grow to a few inches.

Bristle nose only get 6in I believe, commons get 18in, I can't speak for rainbows though. Never had them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They will be fine, but too big.

Commons get huge, bristle nose are fine, only growing to into the 6in mark at most

Bristle nose only get 6in I believe, commons get 18in, I can't speak for rainbows though. Never had them

Rainbows do best in a 4ft+ tank. Basically a 55 or 75+
They are very active fish that love darting around the tank even when mature.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom