Snails and Ich Treatment! Halp halp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VioletEmber

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just spotted some ich on my fish and I'm raising the temp in the tank, etc. But I have two tylomelania snails, one is just a baby-- and I don't know how to safely use the salt with them in there.

Do I move them out? Will they carry ich to another tank? I am assuming yes. But I guess I could put them in my qt for now?

Whew! Ok- I'll bring the temp up over the next day or so - already did one water change with vacuuming. What should I aim for in temperature?

Just got rid of a bad case off ich with just the heat & I have snails all well & no losses! It definitely works

Same--heat, shrimp, snails, plants. No problems with them.

Thanks everyone! Very reassuring. And that is the best article on ich I've seen yet, mumma. Thanks! Now if I can just get the dang heater to get the tank above 85... I think I'm going to spend the night sterilizing heaters so I can shift them around. Grr.

Aye, right you are lassie! What I think did it was moving one of my female bettas -- I ended up moving her back and I think it stressed her out and she started showing ich within an hour or two. I hate it when I get a bee in my bonnet about something and start messing around with my tanks when everything was just fine the way it was. I will learn someday!

Back
Top Bottom