snails getting stuck in powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshpwolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
is there any trick to prevent snails from getting stuck in the in take side of a power head? My powerhead is just opened at the bottom and it had got two of my snails. After the first one i tryed to move it so it was futher away from glass but the next one found its way there. Any suggestions?

It lookes like it could of had some kind of filter cap but when i bought it with the tank on cl it was not there. Is there something i can wire tie on it that will not hinder the flow through the powerhead and also prevent the suction from sucking snails to it.

Powerhead pics

Attachments

• 1362424777876.jpg
    1362424777876.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 1362424738148.jpg
    1362424738148.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 87
Aqua Clear Power Head

That looks to be it. It only comes with a little snout on the end. No prefilter. You may want to invest in something better suited for your tank, like one of the newer designs that are completely surrounded by caging, like the Koralias, aqueons, Sicce, Tunze....
I would use that one for stirring my water change water.

Aqua Clear Power Head

That looks to be it. It only comes with a little snout on the end. No prefilter. You may want to invest in something better suited for your tank, like one of the newer designs that are completely surrounded by caging, like the Koralias, aqueons, Sicce, Tunze....
I would use that one for stirring my water change water.

I have the AquaClear and you can get the filter I linked to in my last post. It works fine.

Back
Top Bottom