Snails help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossco

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys so I've had this tank goin for years now.. No live plants I've moved broke it down set it back up nd 3 months later I'm finding all these little snails in there? Any idea how they became or got in my tank...?

That's strange, if you haven't added any plants. Do you have an African Cichild tank? I saw the picture of the Electric Yellow on your profile. If so, you probably don't have a thing to worry about, I would think that they would eat them. I have a planted tank and had pond snails and Malaysian trumpet snails (still have some), but I bought 4 Assassin Snails and put them in my tank. They have kept the population down.

That's strange, if you haven't added any plants. Do you have an African Cichild tank? I saw the picture of the Electric Yellow on your profile. If so, you probably don't have a thing to worry about, I would think that they would eat them. I have a planted tank and had pond snails and Malaysian trumpet snails (still have some), but I bought 4 Assassin Snails and put them in my tank. They have kept the population down.

I have many tanks but no this snails r in just a small 10 gallon that houses a dwarf groumi ATM. No idea how they got there at all :s

They like to chill in the substrate and filter.. I just broke down a filter on my 29 and it had everything from mts to rams horns.. All tiny.. There was even a tiny assassin. In there..

I'm not to worried bout it. I no how to get rid of them but I'm never experience or seen anything like it in the all the years I have been into tanks nd fish. I'm curious as to why they are popping up nd how they got there ... Lol

They like to chill in the substrate and filter.. I just broke down a filter on my 29 and it had everything from mts to rams horns.. All tiny.. There was even a tiny assassin. In there..

Ye but I don't house snails never have in this tank and its been broken down nd cleaned within the last 3 months becuz I moved nd had to transfer tanks to my new house

New fish could have crapped out eggs??theres a logical explanation for everything.. Think hard on it.....

New fish could have crapped out eggs??theres a logical explanation for everything.. Think hard on it.....

Haven't had new fish in that tank since I set it up. The fish is over a year old. I have been thinkn and I can't come up with anything ... The only thing that happens to that tank is maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom