Snails in tank !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brew86uk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys I brought a live plant about 4weeks ago now I have about 20 small snails in my tank how can I get rid of them thanks ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just manually squish them/take them out of the tank using traps. Or you could just try to feed less and remove all uneaten food,leaving no food for the snails to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Or sink a lettuce leaf on the substrate at night and in the morning it should have lots of snails on to lift out....

Good thinking I will try that thanks so just let it sink to the bottom ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or find something to weigh it down.

This is likely pond snails. Once you have them it's very hard to get rid of them.

Caleb

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried all that. Picking them out and lettuce trick. They just kept coming back. The only thing that actually worked was cutting way back on food feed to fish. I was just over feeding was all.

I have hundreds on snails likely from plants I bought at LFS. They bread and multiplied it got bad, cut way back on food and within a months time had no snails. The fish should eat all food inside three min is what I was told. If they don't your feeding to much. Take the excess food away snails starve and don't multiply.

Less food to be snail free ???

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom