Snails!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottishnewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I was womdering if anybody can help. I have tiny snails taking over my tank despite my best efforts to squish them! They disappeared for a couple of weeks or so I thought but today I've seen another 20 or so! They are tiny but I want rid of them.
I have a bristle nose plec, apple snail, danios, cories, rainbow Celebes, Betta, dwarf gouramis x 2, diamond terra and neons in my tank.
Any suggestions on being snail free? I think they came into tank on new plants.
Any help appreciated x

You can't use assissan snails with your apple snail in the tank but I have found if you get zucchini, cut a slice long ways, microwave it a few seconds to soften it, put it in a jar and weigh down the zucchini, you will get tons of snails coming to feed on it. The apple snail will too but when you lift out the jar to dispose of the pest snails you can just put the apple back in the tank. I don't know why but softened zucchini seems to act like snail candy, at least in my tank. Another option depending on the size of your tank is getting something like yo-yo loaches. After they learn to hunt and suck snails out of their shells they reduce or eliminate snails.

Yep kind of forgot about her. Loaches would pester her constantly and possibly keep her from openning long enough to eat. I'd try the zucchini in a jar.

Back
Top Bottom