Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catfish1102

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've looked at my tank this evening and there are a few snails, who must have been living in the gravel until now, all sliding up the walls. Are they trying to escape, what would make them all do this at the same time?

Fish all seem happy. :?

what would make them all do this at the same time?
They may be just feeding on the algae on the glass.
I think that all of them doing it at the same time is just a coincidence.

The snails in my tanks are on the glass most of the time.

I've looked at my tank this evening and there are a few snails, who must have been living in the gravel until now, all sliding up the walls. Are they trying to escape, what would make them all do this at the same time?

You do the lights in the morning, then off, then back on in the evening, correct? If this is still the case, I find that my snails are more active in the dark (not all but most of them). So what could be happening is that they came out in the semidarkeness, then you put the lights on them, and finally noticed higher numbers of them. But, like targaboy said, they are just feeding on the algae on the glass. Nothing to worry about. Just wait though, soon you will have more snails than you ever wanted!

I've got a lot of snails, I personally like them, but do have to keep the population in check periodically (I drop them in with my clown loaches in another tank).

Back
Top Bottom