Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got tired of my gbta killing itself, so I turned his rock over. Here he is today.
img_2080302_0_b01efb5fc58e2f4052dd4ce95303d044.jpg

And my maxima clam.
img_2080302_1_bd9f92c64e79ac800092fe0b13110017.jpg

How was the gbta killing itself?

Has the clam set his foot yet? It's a pretty clam. I think it's a girl and you should name it Pearl.

It was killing itself by staying in the shade. Mouth was wide open and retracting constantly. As for the clam, not sure if it is set or not. I try to leave it alone since it is open and happy. It is still on the same rock I originally put it on though, so the chance is there.

If only it wasn't so grainy...or maybe that is in my advantage lol. Can't see the white specs I have floating around. Not sure if it is sand or maybe calcium precipitation?

Today I got po'd. Still have things floating in the tank. I've readjusted my PH's to no help. So now I have panty hose over my return line, no help. While I was panty hosing my entire tank, I tossed one on my sea clone and plugged it back in since the reef octopus doesn't skim ever. Only other option is that it is calcium precipitating, I think atleast. I have no clue why it would be doing so. I don't dose anything and do water changes to 1.026 weekly. Might be that my reef crystals are to blame here? Too much magnesium and calcium building up?

Check out marinedepot.com I found out the hard way my radioactive green zoas did not like instant ocean salt. Almost lost them but luckily I'm OCD about my tank so I was on top of it and stopped using that salt.

It might just be unmixed salt. I haven't rinsed my mixing buckets out for awhile...if my top off sucked up the last few drops during water change that could be the reason for this mess. I'll look into another brand if this prob continues though.

Sniperhank said:
Today I got po'd. Still have things floating in the tank. I've readjusted my PH's to no help. So now I have panty hose over my return line, no help. While I was panty hosing my entire tank, I tossed one on my sea clone and plugged it back in since the reef octopus doesn't skim ever. Only other option is that it is calcium precipitating, I think atleast. I have no clue why it would be doing so. I don't dose anything and do water changes to 1.026 weekly. Might be that my reef crystals are to blame here? Too much magnesium and calcium building up?

Have you tested your calcium levels?

Honestly, no I haven't. I have API calcium test...it is inaccurate at best so I just haven't bothered. I really want to say that it is sand...but I can't tell where it would be getting kicked up from. But on the same note, if I had excess salt in the bottom of my bucket that might also be the issue. Either way, when I get home from work I'll be working on the tank as I'll have new arrivals showing up. I'll test it out then and hopefully hose out one of my buckets.

Do you have any sifters cause I know thanks to my mandarin and rainfords goby constantly spitting out sand I always have stuff floating around : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom