Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I like the red moth trap lol !

I know right? I had the door open all weekend since it was so nice...not really remembering a hawk flew into my screened porch. So work to do for later. I'm used to assassin beetles, since they come out of the walls when it warms up. I've actually caught them walking around inside the tank before.

But anyway, I have new coral coming this week. Don't recall if I mentioned it or not. I ordered a bubble coral and another "mystery" premium brain from saltwaterfish.com. Another rainbow monti is coming from reefs2go. And real excitement is that I just won an auction from aquacare on a maroon w/ blue polyp birds nest. Now just need to pick out one of them to tell my fiancee which one is our engagement coral lol. She loves staring at my tank.

I know right? I had the door open all weekend since it was so nice...not really remembering a hawk flew into my screened porch. So work to do for later. I'm used to assassin beetles, since they come out of the walls when it warms up. I've actually caught them walking around inside the tank before.

But anyway, I have new coral coming this week. Don't recall if I mentioned it or not. I ordered a bubble coral and another "mystery" premium brain from saltwaterfish.com. Another rainbow monti is coming from reefs2go. And real excitement is that I just won an auction from aquacare on a maroon w/ blue polyp birds nest. Now just need to pick out one of them to tell my fiancee which one is our engagement coral lol. She loves staring at my tank.

Nice! I like that - "engagement coral". That rocks.

I like it too. I'm a supervisor in a drug and alcohol program and took one of the ideas advocated to addicts to keep a plant... Just for me I got a clam when I quit smoking. I see it now that a more important life event should get something too.

Ok. Order from saltwaterfish.com was here and sat in my house for several hours due to the storm rolling through and all roads home were blocked by trees being down. Just got them into the tank and...well...jesus. Here you go. Reefs2go order will arrive tomorrow with my rainbow monti. I've been talking to Aquacare about the maroon and blue polyp birds nest I won on ebay and got the invoice today.
Pics were taken right after being put in the tank and places besides coral already in there for comparison on my iphone.
the MYSTERY brain...

bubble coral

Yes it sure is. I'm hoping to see it tonight extended when I get home for work, but I'm pulling 10 hour days and might miss it. I want to make sure everything has enough room so they don't get mad at each other. Things are really tight now. What is neat is while I was watching it begin to inflate up in my tank, it looks like it isn't all metallic green. There are a couple of orange splotches on it. Can't wait til it's out.

Ok. Updated pics from yesterdays additions and today with the arrival of the rainbow montipora from reefs2go.com.
Rainbow Montipora - really nice sized too

Bubble coral and my purple rimmed plate

And the brains!

Still talking to the guy about it. There is a repair to the center brace and an odd refugium on the back... but he's away for Memorial Day weekend so I'm waiting on more pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom