Snowflake clowns - nem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

200 gallon reef

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just bought a pair of snowflake clowns yesterday. Drip acclimated them and now their in the dt. Look amazing, moving around the aquarium nicely and even ate some pe mysis on the first day. They haven't taken to the gbta yet. Are there any tricks out there to assist in that or is time still the only way?

Thanks

Being tank bred clowns, it's likely they may never take to the nem..... I've heard that placing the nem & the fish in a colander (spaghetti strainer) and then slowly lifting it up out of the water until they touch will better initiate the introduction, but still doesn't guarantee a hosting.

Ive done that and it worked for me. Except I used a pair of tongs to scare one and its instinct was to seek refuge in the nem. After it got the feel of it, it was love at first touch.

Mine took about 5 months to discover the nem. Just give them time, or as mentioned it may never. Sounds kind of mean to force them in?

Back
Top Bottom