Snowflake Eel QT Feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheTodd

Aquarium Advice Addict
It looks like I might be rescuing a 15" Snowflake Eel tomorrow. It was in a large tank with a shark and the tank cracked, so this guy has to get everything out. This guy says everything is healthy, never had issues with anything. I've got a 15g hex for QT set up and my 75g DT.

I know QT is the way to go, but I'm wondering how well an eel that size will do in a small tank for a while with only a 3" PVC elbow (i could buy more if that would help). I've never had an eel, so I'm open for ideas/suggestions.

75 it never came out when the lights were on. They are also known as predators, and a 15" one might try to eat any small fish in your tank.

I'm not planning on anything too small...blue spot puffer, Foxface, flame hawk, two green chromis and possibly a harlequin tusk and blue jaw trigger right before the upgrade. I'm hoping to go up to between 240-300g next year, move these fish in there and make the 75g reef. I may just wait on the tusk and trigger.

I'm just wondering if I should put it straight into my 75 now (no QT for observation) or if it will be okay in a 15 hex for a month.

I would advise to go ahead and put him in your display tank if he looks healthy, they don't need a lot of space to "swim", but they do like to move around a lot and hide in the rocks all over the tank.

I'm kinda leaning towards just doing the DT. Its been in a big tank with a shark, so if both have not shown signs of anything at any time (which is what he says), then I'm thinking its pretty safe. Hopefully I'm not kicking myself later... :)

Back
Top Bottom