So far so good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelLover

Aquarium Advice Freak
After several weeks of QT we finally introduced our five juvenile angels to our adult veilfin. So far everyone is getting along! :)

This tank definitely needs a lighting upgrade though, just had to throw out a huge Amazon sword due to poor lighting.

Can anyone suggest the best bulb brand for plant growth?

ForumRunner_20121209_140646.jpg
ForumRunner_20121209_140700.jpg
ForumRunner_20121209_140713.jpg

Nice veil but I really like the wide finned marble juvie in the back off to the left. What kind of light do you have? Are you looking for new bulbs or a new fixture?

Thank you! He's my favorite of the new additions, he actually shimmers in person and has a very bold personality. The juvies are all from discus Hans.

Right now I'm just looking for new bulbs, it's an old tank and actually has two light fixtures each with an 18inch T8 by Eclipse. They say natural sunlight on them, which makes sense because the tank originally housed a snake, but it just doesn't seem to be working for my plants!

Thank you for your response! :)

Just never had good luck with them had enough room and all hat stuff

Just never had good luck with them had enough room and all hat stuff

I had a tough time with mine for a while, I had several batches that were so easily prone to illness! Either that or they'd try to kill one another!

I think I finally have a group up that works now, but it took so long to get there

I have alway liked them i think they are beautiful

I agree, they have such great personalities... I love our discus too but for some reason I am simply obsessed with these angels! Which works great for me because they are much cheaper than the discus lol

ik discus are not cheap at all right now i have 2 cichlid tanks up and running my fav is my africans i will uplaod pics sometime

ik discus are not cheap at all right now i have 2 cichlid tanks up and running my fav is my africans i will uplaod pics sometime

I had a Malawi cichlid tank for a bit, but I traded them all in to start my angel tank. They had such great color I kind of miss them

Check Lowe's and home depot or wall world. Look at the lumens and find one that has at least 6500k. Also if your hood isn't shiny on the inside you could temporarily line it with aluminum foil or pick up a shop light with a good reflector from the afore mentioned places.

Check Lowe's and home depot or wall world. Look at the lumens and find one that has at least 6500k. Also if your hood isn't shiny on the inside you could temporarily line it with aluminum foil or pick up a shop light with a good reflector from the afore mentioned places.

I would have never thought of that! Great idea thanks for the tips

No problem! I got the diamond plated light for my 55 for $35. The lights I think I spent $6 at wally world.

Back
Top Bottom