So im new...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kinda lights you got? That staghorn needs a lot for his shell to grow. It's coral and has to grow with him. Good luck with that. Neat how he'll always stay on the sand bed since he can't climb rocks.

I have seen many of the staghorns move into a "normal" shell discarded by others. Hopefully yours will do fine.

Sweet! As soon as I saw em at the LFS I was like I want! Is 1 enough in my tank along with 3 Nassa's? Or should I stock more?

Penn-Plax - Aquarium- FL8 8Watt 12 Aquarilux Flurbu

I dont know how good they are, but its in my 1st post with a link and everyone said they should be okay, but i definitely dont think theyre reef lighting.

Well how do i know what size shell to put in there so he can transfer if the coral doest grow with him? How long do you think I have?

Can't tell you how to judge what size you can put in there. May have to get a handfull of shells you think might work in various sizes. Not too large a dif between them though. And can't tell how long you've got. I'd guess you'll be fine for a month maybe. Or more. Again, I'm just guessing. Mine lived for 4 months I think I remember.

So i just bought s Koran Angel about 1.5 inches long, I fell in love with it at the LFS. But im getting a 75G next week so its only in this tank temporarily. The only thing is now the yellow goby looks a little stressed, but theyre compatible. The Goby has been peacefully in a hole on the bottom of the rock ever since I bought him, he only came out when I feed them. Now hes out all the time, but I dont see the angel picking on him. Shes gone by the hole he usually lives in a few times but thats about it. The Goby has even been swimming at the surface which he never ever did, so im just a little worried. I dont know maybe its just a coincidence that hes becoming more comfortable in the tank as soon as I put the angel in. Ive only had him for about a week or so, so idk. Anyone?

I just did a test..Nitrite is 0, Ammonia is 0, Ph is fine, but my Nitrate is a little high at 30-40 ppm. Is there anything I should do to get that back down to just let it clear out on its own?

img_1102871_0_cc77810707819f3e1897dab04d73132c.jpg

img_1102871_1_8a4db3deceafe5b8fdd7c20f09681f28.jpg

img_1102871_2_d65c2b0dbe15ea5a5224d934c1c8dd41.jpg

FTS

img_1102871_3_6b22d5271d18b108604980e585f3b58d.jpg

Im getting rid of the plants soon. They look cheesy. lol

Well ive been PM'ing back and forth with CaptAhab and he helped a lot. Im going to do a PWC either today or tomorrow and hopefully that should cure my nitrate spike and I feed them enriched brine shrimp once a day, but im going to get a algae sheet for the angel soon.

With your angel fish out and about your goby now feels safer and that is the most likely reason he is out and about. It's like "Oh he's out and about so it must be safe so I can come out too".

I really hope thats the reason, that would make me feel a lot better. But why wouldnt he do that with the 3 chromis and the shrimp? Bc they were there first and he felt intimidated? Kinda makes sense lol

Ok so I did my PWC today and the goby hasnt gotten any better. He has just been laying at the bottom kinda motionless, with all his fins down, out in the open but I still see that hes breathing normal. I did feed him about an hour ago and he did eat, but hes not scared of anything like he used to be and for the past 2 days he has been sleeping 3/4 of the way up the tank behind the filter and heater and comes down when the lights come on. My parms are all 0 besides the nitrate being 20 and nitrite being around a 0.6. Salinity is at 1.022 and temp is at 76. I dont know what is causing him to act like this. I cant help but think its the angel but I havent even seem him around the goby. Anyone?

If your tank is cycled you should not have any nitrite readings at all. It should be 0,0,20. Has anything died in your tank lately?

Back
Top Bottom