So many opinions, need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the reasons I have 2 filters is so that I can do a deep clean on one whilst the other is keeping the water parameters in check.I leave at least 2 months before I clean the other one.The other reason for 2 is in case one breaks down.

I can't disagree with any of you. Sounds like some good advise.

KonvictKeeper said:
Hey man! What happened to them cons?! If you don't want me to send you any I can ship back that filter no prob!

It's all good brother. Enjoy it. No worries. I re-homed them in my friends tanks. There doing well and I will visit them :(

KonvictKeeper said:
Yeah africans are very colorful and active! Nice choice!

Thanks!

Buying the 110 right now. Then I'll go home and hook it up. So with the 2 filters I'm sure my fish will be happy!! :)

I like my filters with the bio-wheels. Talk about surface agitation! lol

Glad ur liking your tank!!!!

Hahaha! Yeah she is right!! But she likes looking at them and then asked me if could feed them. LoL it was funny she was nervous. Hahahaha!!

Lady_Alia said:
I don't what it is about cichlids, but they're addicting!!! Lol

You said it!! I'm hoping to get a bigger tank now! My wife is gonna kill me lol!! I'm working with a guy on craigslist. A 75g BF with black wooden stand for 280.00, 30 minutes from my house. He's having a baby and needs the room for a crib. Were going back an fourth now. The glass canopy is smashed so I'm trying to find one online, the only place I found that has it is pick up only and there in a different stand.

My wife is really gonna kill me for spending money like crazy!! LOL!! I was a friends house. 125g African tank and he had an air stone tucked in the corner and the tubbing was green and had leaves on it, you barely tell it was a hose, looked like a vine growing on the tank wall. Anyway I really liked the way it looked A LOT!! Now I wanna do the same as him! And his pump was quiet. It was a whisper I think. It was pretty and the fish were swimming through it.

Questions.

1.)With 2 filters now running is air stone too much?

2.)Does it hurt the fish if they swim through it?

3.)What size stone and pump should I get for a 55g ( I know it says on box but was wondering of you bigger or smaller?

Air + 2 filters isn't too much. It won't hurt the fish. I try to get one size up from what the box says I need (on everything).

Lady_Alia said:
Air + 2 filters isn't too much. It won't hurt the fish. I try to get one size up from what the box says I need (on everything).

She's gonna kill me! LoL going now to get one. So one size up.

Back
Top Bottom