So this is my first tank, have I over stocked it already?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I purchased a 29 gallon aquarium a month and a half back and have been progressively adding new fish into it after having finished cycling it. Having picked up what I hope to be my last pair for this tank earlier this morning I've come to the conclusion that my fish may not be entirely compatible. My heater's currently set at 82 F, having dropped it from 86 after my first two fish (Bolivians) were carrying Ick. I'm running an Aquaclear 70 (300GPH) as well. Can anyone offer any input as to what problems my current setup, if any, may present?

1 - Common Plecostomus (Well aware it'll grow over a foot so he'll be an excellent excuse to upgrade to that 75G I've been eyeing.)

1 - Blood Red Parrot (3 inches)

1 - Bolivian Ram

2 - GBR - (Was lucky enough to find a coupled pair and I couldn't say no)

Welcome to AA!

The pleco and blood parrot will definitely not work in that sized tank. Common plecos actually need a tank significantly larger than 75 gallons when fully grown so I'd recommend trying to rehome it or exchange it for a smaller pleco type like bristlenose, clown, or rubberlip plecos. I'd also suggest rehoming the blood parrot. It'd work in a future 75 but it's probably not worth the stress on the fish for now. How about adding some smaller fish? You could easily do two schools of fish such as 8 rummynose tetra and 8 cardinal tetra.

Back
Top Bottom