So, what is your tank like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, today I was looking at my tank again and I got to thinking: in your tank, who is in charge, who is the instigator/troublemaker and who is your crowd control? In my tank, the female Bolivian ram is defiantly the troublemaker. The 8 blackskirt tetras are the crowd control.

I copied this write-up I did for another thread back in February. If you're familiar with your '60's history:

Swimmers:
-5 Bleeding hearts - The biker gang "Rockers" of the tank. If I had to describe them in one word, it would be Boisterous. They are large compared to everyone else, and occasionally like to let everybody know it, but they don't do any harm.... They’re usually in the bottom 2/3's of the tank.

-6 Harlequins - The "Mods". They hang out at the top of the center 1/3 of the tank, mostly just putt around strutting their dorsals, and will dive bomb the Rockers when they're getting a little big for their britches.

- 6 Rummynose - The "Jocks". Whenever the Rockers get out of hand, they surround them like dolphins around a school of tuna, confuse the hell out of 'em for a little while, and then cruise away laughing..... They pretty much stay in the bottom 1/3 of the tank.

- 3 Guppies - Two female Cobras & a male Lyre-tail King Cobra. This is the cool dude with a chick on each arm.... 'nough said. They go where ever they want in the tank.

Others:
- 4 Otos & 5 Panda Corys – The “Nerds”. They are studiously working all the time, and aren't to be bothered with anyone else.

- 4 Kuhli Loaches – The “Vamps”. I think they’d be scared of their own shadow if they ever came out with the lights on.

Well in my 55 my angelfish is the warden and all the other fish are his to control ( if he wants a plant to swim under they stay out of his way by now lol) and my pleco is definitely my trouble maker. She will flick one fishes fins and swim away. When the fish turns around it blames it on another fish.

In my 16 my pearl gorami is the crowd control and my guppy fry are the trouble makers.

And in my 30 one of my angels "DeVill" is the kin of the tank. And in this tank my trouble makers are the rest of my angels.

Phranque said:
I copied this write-up I did for another thread back in February. If you're familiar with your '60's history:

Swimmers:
-5 Bleeding hearts - The biker gang "Rockers" of the tank. If I had to describe them in one word, it would be Boisterous. They are large compared to everyone else, and occasionally like to let everybody know it, but they don't do any harm.... They’re usually in the bottom 2/3's of the tank.

-6 Harlequins - The "Mods". They hang out at the top of the center 1/3 of the tank, mostly just putt around strutting their dorsals, and will dive bomb the Rockers when they're getting a little big for their britches.

- 6 Rummynose - The "Jocks". Whenever the Rockers get out of hand, they surround them like dolphins around a school of tuna, confuse the hell out of 'em for a little while, and then cruise away laughing..... They pretty much stay in the bottom 1/3 of the tank.

- 3 Guppies - Two female Cobras & a male Lyre-tail King Cobra. This is the cool dude with a chick on each arm.... 'nough said. They go where ever they want in the tank.

Others:
- 4 Otos & 5 Panda Corys – The “Nerds”. They are studiously working all the time, and aren't to be bothered with anyone else.

- 4 Kuhli Loaches – The “Vamps”. I think they’d be scared of their own shadow if they ever came out with the lights on.

Sorry, I was born in 1990, so I'm not too familiar with the '60's lol. But very cool!

Tetra1990 said:
So, today I was looking at my tank again and I got to thinking: in your tank, who is in charge, who is the instigator/troublemaker and who is your crowd control? In my tank, the female Bolivian ram is defiantly the troublemaker. The 8 blackskirt tetras are the crowd control.

In charge is my male dwarf gourami or female platy my troublemakers are 3 female dwarf gourami and crowd control is male dwarf Gouramis.

Back
Top Bottom