So what's your view on my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keflan

Aquarium Advice Activist
So what's your view on my tank? I have a 80 litre tank with 7 guppies 6 neon tetras, 6 Silvertip tetras, 1 golden gourami and 1 bn pleco. Aqadvisor says I'm not overstocked but I would like suggestions on possible additions to the tank :)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the dimensions of your tank? personally, I would be very cautious about silver tips in a tank less than 2 feet long. Beyond that, it seems fine. Though, I don't think there is anything else I would add personally in order to keep your params good. Also, since the gourami will get decently sized, you don;'t want too many other bodies in there with it so everybody has space.

I completely agree with absolut. The only thing that you might be able to try is some cardinal tetras. They won't get large and they add some color to the aquarium.

I would not add cards, since the OP already has neons for the color splash. Cards swim at exactly the same level as the neons, and the silver tips tend to swim there as well. So, adding more fish would clog up that area quite a bit. Also, keep in mind that gups are very colorful as well and (assuming the OP) has both genders, they will make even more gups. So, you need to stock cautiously since you know that the population will inevitably grow. :) I do very much agree though that cards are gorgeous fish, and wonderful additions to compatible tanks. I would personally choose them over neons if I was able to.

Aye. Mixed sex in guppies. So possibly new additions

Think adding any snails will make it overstocked? If so what type of snails?

Thanks

Think adding any snails will make it overstocked? If so what type of snails?

Thanks

I think it is fine. I have kept mystery snails, nerite snails, ramshorns, and pond snails. Mystery snails are awesome to watch, but nertite snails will eat algae which is an added bonus. Also, nerites don't reproduce in freshwater which is handy and have a low enough bioload. Mystery snails are honestly pretty messy.

Back
Top Bottom