sombody stop me!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I so very nearly brought home two clown loaches yesterday. Then I realized I know nothing about these guys. Would it be safe to even have them in my tank? Or would it be too much?

It is recommended to get a minimum of three. They are slow growers that have the capacity to grow to a 1'. It is rare and I laughed it off the first few times I heard it, but then I saw them. Yes, them--many of them at a local LFS. Expect them to easily reach 6-8" in your tank. They will eat your shrimp and any snails you have. Generally, they are great for a community tank.

hmm, ok. glad I didn't get them. It doesn't seem like 55gallons would be enough room for 3 8in fish. I just need to keep what I have and be satisfied. And get some more ottos. :D

hmmm, yoyo loach... And yes I def want more plants. I am going to look into the yoyo loaches though.

they are great fish! active, under 3" usually, sleep in piles(never seen that personally) and keep the bottom of your tank clean of both food and snails.

I keep pairs of clown loaches in my tanks to keep down the snails. Thay are fun to watch. One pair I hve try to school with the tiger barbs. They sleep on their sides! I bought mine about 2 inches long and they seem to grow slowly. I have seen some at LFS that were 6 or 7 inches, but do not know how old they were.

I have had two clown loaches for about a year and they have barely grown at all, they may be 2in each. They love to eat the food that drops to the bottom and burrow under stuff. good luck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom