Some Kind of Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Youngstownfishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had too much of these plants so I put then In a separate tank. A day later I noticed this white moss/algae like stuff on almost all of the plants.

Plant over growth tank:

5 gallon bow front
10 watt 6500k light
10gal whisper filter
Gravel and plants( not sure of name)

What is this stuff? And how to treat it?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410710665.408513.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410710680.160038.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have that in my 75. Not sure what the name of it is, but it usually gets bad when I overfeed or dose too many ferts. I just wipe it off and do a big water change and it goes away.

Thanks for responding! Yeah I wiped it off as much as I could and changed 50% of water and it looks better so far. I'll Probably do another cleaning and WC in a couple days. Thanks again

Second pick looks like stag horn algae. Not sure of the cause but possibly an imbalance of ferts.

Second pick looks like stag horn algae. Not sure of the cause but possibly an imbalance of ferts.

I think you're right. I ran out of it so I did stop dosing for a few days until I got more. Plus I also moved it to a tank with different lighting. Thanks for helping me out!

Back
Top Bottom