Some lfs should be ashamed of themselves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msumpter87

Aquarium Advice Activist
I knew I shouldn't have purchased fish at a big box store but it was a good deal. I won't name the store but I'm sure we can guess. I found bristle nose plecostomus for 2.50 each and I needed them for my African tank. I carefully inspected the tanks and they were all clean with no dead fish so I bought them. To make a long story short ich has invaded bad and I didn't notice due to working overtime before Xmas. I called the lfs and they told me it happens all the time! They also offered me coupons to buy meds to heal them. As I live 45 minutes away I'm not up there all the time. I understand they get new fish all the time but if they consistently have problems something needs to be done. I treated my tank and raised the temp but I think it's to late. Just a heads up be careful when buying fish from bulk stores I don't wish anybody to lose a tank full of expensive fish. Also I know all lfs are not bad some are very very good, I just needed to rant a little I guess lol

This is part of the reason its so important to quarantine. That way you can ensure that the outbreak is limited to a very small population.

Besides, Its not just big box stores that this happens to. Any store can have this issue. You run the risk of introducing diseases no matter where you shop.

This is part of the reason its so important to quarantine. That way you can ensure that the outbreak is limited to a very small population.-

This is the most important aspect of acquiring new fish, and should not be dependent on where or whom you received them from.

Besides, Its not just big box stores that this happens to. Any store can have this issue. You run the risk of introducing diseases no matter where you shop.

Perfect answer, nothing more to add other than I agree.

Back
Top Bottom